Monday, January 9, 2012

I Figured You Out

The below post was from AGES ago when Baby T was7 Months, but you know what it might have some relevance right now to someone out there. Plus for me it is nice to look back on this. I will write an update on this - hopefully soon! 


Then you change! Why do babies have this need to constantly change.... oh right they are growing up thats right there are changes involved in that. 


I thought I had is all figures out, even got a little cocky. There was almost a predictable schedule, I could tell you at the beginning of the day when naps would take place then BOOM it changed. I shed a tear for this change, I am morning the loss, I am actually sad. Why you ask? Well we have gone from a lovely three naps a day to two. Two people! 


It used to be this nice predictable three naps of 40 or so minutes, a lovely break for mommy or a time to get things done. I looked forward to these little snippets of time checking my facebook, emails and catching up on blogs. I shed my tear - good bye third nap you are harder to let go then the the fourth nap which has long gone now (about month 4 1/2 or 5). 




So what does life look like for us at 7 months.... it is rather less predictable at the moment since we are in transition limbo. Baby T is trying to figure out when best to take these naps and that leaves me scrutinizing her every move (is she tired?? shall I put her down now??). To make things a little more fun Baby T has stopped using her usual tell tale signs of tiredness which used to incorporate rubbing eyes, specific tired noises/cries. Her nap lengths are also a little unpredictable these days as her usual 40 minutes have on occasion stretched to 1 hour or more. 


Just look how sweet a sleeping baby is!




Some say to put her on a schedule but for us we prefer to let her guide us. I figure my second child will not have the luxury of a schedule as he/she will be on whatever schedule the rest of family is on napping wherever (between preschool pickups, play-dates etc). So I rather let Baby T set the tone, her body will do what is needs to do and the moment I feel that is not working we will reassess. 



No comments:

Post a Comment