Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sensory Spice Play

This was a fun little activity we did during a rainy day. I took a bunch of spices off the shelf and put them on the table for Baby T and I do explore.  


Baby T grabbing a spice jar... very excited to get her hands on them as she always sees me using them

I suggested she smell them, which she gladly did. Funny thing was after smelling them she said "Flower"! I suppose since we normally smell flowers she associated smell with flower. We talked a bit about how many things have smells and some are stinky (which we often laugh about during diaper changes) and some are nice like flowers. Baby T obviously liked the spices since she often said "hmmm" after a sniff. 


Baby T tasted some of the spices too - afraid I was not fast enought to get pictures of the facial expressions but they were good! 


So there you go a little something different to break up the play, talk, learn and explore the senses!  

No comments:

Post a Comment