Monday, June 25, 2012

A Little Bit Of Everything

So I never get to write on the blog as much as I want to. I would love to document all the projects we do but there is never enough time. So I though it best to put a bunch of what we have done on one post then perhaps I can revisit some in detail. 


Well lets get to it! 


Stamping is huge in this house at the moment and Baby T will stop most anything if I suggest we do some stamping. We have a few stamps and we also use the ends of pencils. I have seen this  idea on how to make your own stamps which I hope to do if I find nice foam bits. Stamping is great for fine motor development and spacial awareness. 




Having tea has been a daily activity in our house as of late too. We played with a tea set at a local play group but I could not remember if Baby T had ever seen anyone have tea and how to use the tea pot etc. That night I decided we should have a tea party with my 'real' tea set. I filled the tea pot with water and we had a blast. She loved it so much I bought a tea set of her own the next day. She has great fun pretending to have tea with her friends real and imaginary. Since the tea play I have noticed a huge increase in her imaginative play. Before she would often act out and dramatize her animal figurines but now she includes herself in  the play become an animal etc. 




The eggs have been played with since easter in fact they are still used daily so I don't foresee them being packed away anytime soon! Children actually make more sense out of holiday decoration and associated play after the holiday itself. If you think about it it makes complete sense. There is a big built up to the event with all these 'things' and then the event finally happens and it must be like an 'ah ha' moment were children go 'oh thats is what that is for' and then most of the time things get packed right back up directly after the event and children never get the chance to play out what they experienced. Well in this house the eggs do get occationally stuffed with things but more often the not they are rolled down our clear tub, opened and closed, colours are matched (with tops and bottoms) and they get placed in and out of the egg carton. Very rarely but sometimes they get taken to the play kitchen. 






Sensory fun, of course the sensory table is always in the centre of activity too. With our occasional good weather we have been able to set up some water! I hope to share some of our set ups soon! 


So there you go some of the things that have been that have been going on in our house play-wise. I hope to get a few more posts done whilst Taya is sleeping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment